Travelling through any of Dubai’s airports soon? Avoid getting your bags rejected and have hassle free bags check-in when complying with baggage regulations of Dubai Airport including the new baggage rule regarding the rejection of bags that has no flat surface. These non-compliant baggage may have the option to be repacked in boxes but it will come with a fee and with extra time.
We looked into Dubai Airport’s website for the baggage rules:
- Bags must have at least one flat surface.
- Liquids held in the hand luggage should be limited to 100ml, and these needs to be placed inside a clear, resealable plastic bag.
- Two pieces of baggage are generally allowed for international travel, with the total weight not exceeding 32kg. But this may vary by airline and fare type, check with your airline before your flight.
- Bags larger than 90cm long, 75cm high and 60cm wide, or that does not have a single flat surface will be considered oversized and will need to be checked in at the oversized baggage counter.
- Repack excess baggage, and excess baggage fees usually apply.
Some General Travel Tips
Include these travel tips when packing your bags, it will help you, as well as all passengers and the baggage handlers if it relates to them as well:
- Place personal belongings in your hand luggage.
- Laptops will be placed in a separate security tray at the security scan, have them placed somewhere where you can easily reach.
- Always remove old baggage tags to avoid the chance that the baggage system will reject the bag they’re attached to.
- Avoid using cardboard boxes as they need to be processed manually which takes longer. Also, they’re not as durable.
- Have a travel insurance.
— Dubai Airports (@DubaiAirports) May 28, 2017