Date fruits are in abundance in the UAE as it is one of the top countries that cultivate the fruit. The date tree and the date fruit had been part of the way of life of the country from since many centuries back.
If you ask why you would eat dates, here are the reasons according to Natural Society:
Health Benefits of Dates
- Promotes digestive health, relieves constipation – dates contain fiber.
- Boosts Heart Health
- Anti-Inflammatory – from the magnesium known for its anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Reduces Blood Pressure – from the magnesium and potassium found in dates
- Reduced Stroke Risk – from the magnesium content
- For a healthy pregnancy and delivery – according to a research conducted
- 7. Boosting Brain Health – from its vitamin B6 content.
For sugar conscious people, note that for each pitted date piece of around 24 grams, some 16 grams of it is sugar according to Nutrition Data.